In-Store Water Testing
For one-on-one professional advise please visit one of our showrooms where our trained water care specialists are ready and willing to answer any questions you may have. Just bring us a water sample and at our state of the art lab facilities we will give you a complete analysis and directions on how to maintain your water.
At Royal Pools and Spas, Inc. we carry a complete line of water care products to help you maintain sparkling clear, clean, safe water. We make pool and spa care easy.
Our chemical systems are added once a week and are backed by an Algae-Free Guarantee. See our stores for more details.
We are confident that we have a water care system that is right for everyone.
Basic Pool Water Care Advice
- Your Pool Filter should run at least 8 to 12 hours per day (24 hours per day is best).
- Set your pool timer or remember to run the pool manually if you don’t have a timer.
- If you are not running your pool 24 hours per day, it is best to have it running during the daylight hours to ensure the proper sanitization of your water.
- Keep skimmer baskets free of debris. This will improve circulation and water filtration.
- Talk with our specialists to determine the best mechanism for deploying chlorine/bromine into your pool.
- Be sure to maintain proper sanitizer levels to keep your water clear and clean.
Weekly Pool Maintenance
- Backwash filter if necessary – ‘Bump’ your DE filter.
- Test water for Chlorine, pH and Alkalinity.
- Adjust pH and Alkalinity as needed. Adjust Alkalinity first then pH second.
- Add sanitizer if necessary.
- Vacuum pool floor and walls if needed.
- Check and adjust water level as needed. Water should be half way up the skimmers.
- Basic Water Chemistry Terms