Electric Heat Pumps
AquaComfort Heat Pumps are an environmentally smart and energy efficient electric pool heating choice for both in-ground and above ground pools. AquaComfort pool heaters are designed with state-of-the-art digital technology creating clean, efficient energy that is safe for the environment with no combustible by-products. Even if you already have an existing gas heater adding a small Aqua Comfort heat pump can reduce your pool heating cost by 50% and your carbon footprint by more than 60%.
Heat pump pool heaters use electricity to “capture” heat. The water drawn from the pool pump passes through a filter and the heat pump heater. A condenser within the heat pump heater transfers the heat to the cooler circulating pool water. Heat pump pool heaters work efficiently as long as the outside temperature remains above the 45ºF–50ºF range. Since outside air is drawn into the system, and then heated, the cooler the air, the more energy used. Although heat pump pool heaters cost more than gas pool heaters, because of their higher efficiencies they typically have lower annual operating costs. With proper maintenance, heat pump pool heaters usually last longer than gas pool heaters.
Aqua Comfort Heat Pumps
Initial price does not include installation or delivery, but these services can be arrange at an additional charge
A pool heater is a long-term investment. The most important factors to consider are:
- - Initial price (including installation): Did you know that some fossil fuel heaters such as natural gas heaters, though the heater is lower priced than a heat pump, can cost $1000 to $2000 more to install than a heat pump?
- - Operating costs: Did you know that fossil fuel heaters (natural gas, propane and oil fired) cost 4-5 times more to heat your pool than a heat pump? See our Heating Cost Comparison for details.
- - Ease of operation and maintenance.
- - Product life expectancy: Did you know that the life expectancy of a heat pump is twice that of a fossil fuel heater?
- - Attractive, durable design: Does the heater compliment your pool/patio design?
A swimming pool heat pump removes “FREE HEAT” from the air and transfers it to the freon via an evaporator. The heated freon passes through the heat exchanger where the heat is transferred to the pool water. The main reason heat pumps are becoming so popular is that they are efficient and effective, offering very significant operating cost savings compared to fossil fuel heaters.
- - Made in the U.S.A.
- - Aqua Comfort heat pumps input 30-40% more heat than similarly sized competitive heat pumps in the critical first and last 30 days of the swimming season, when you need it most.
- - The life expectancy of an Aqua Comfort heater is nearly twice that of a fossil fuel heater.
- - The typical gas heater emits 15,000 – 20,000 pounds of CO2 annually. A heat pump pool heater is the environmentally correct pool heating option, reducing your pool heating carbon footprint by nearly 100%.
- - Have it installed by Royal Pools & Spas
- - More heat, lower operating cost
- - More performance than the competition
- - A true programmed micro-computer control (not just an LED display)
- - Reliability and experience the competition doesn’t have…with 20+ years of proven experience and happy pool owners, you can trust our technology
- - Simple and precise operation
- - Equipped with built-in service analyzers to insure problem-free operation
- - AquaComfort heats your pool for 1/4 the cost of natural gas and 1/5 the cost of propane
- - Aqua Comfort Savings Calculator
- - The cost to heat your pool with an Aqua Comfort pool heater is 80% less than a propane heater and 70% less than a natural gas heater
- - When it comes to performing at low temperatures, nobody does it better than Aqua Comfort, heat pumps that work down to 40 degrees
- - Heat pumps that deliver 30 – 40% more heat than competitive heat pumps
How An Electric Heat Pump Works
A pool heat pump uses electricity to operate and also use the sun-warmed air which contributes to the efficiency of the unit. Heat Pump Pool Heaters do not generate heat.
As the pool pump circulates the swimming pool water, the water drawn from the pool passes through a filter and the heat pump water heater. The heat pump heater has a FAN that draws in the outside air and circulates air through the Outer Evaporator Air Coil.
Liquid refrigerant within the evaporator coil absorbs the heat from the outside air and becomes a gas. The warm gas in the coil then passes through the compressor. The compressor increases the heat, creating a very hot gas that then passes through the condenser. The condenser transfers the heat from the hot gas to the cooler pool water circulating through the heater. The heated water then returns to the pool. The hot gas, as it flows through the condenser coil, returns to liquid form and back to the evaporator, where the whole process begins again.
- In House Install Team – No third party contractors
- Factory trained technicians
- Includes: Heater pad for placement, flexible PVC hose connections, fittings and adapters
- DOES NOT include any gas or electrical connections, cutting into sheds or other buildings, or making any major modifications to the pool plumbing
- Family owned and operated since 1959
- Open year round, with trained staff to help with any questions or needs
- Professional installers who are insured and work FOR Royal Pools & Spas
- We carry and support products made in the U.S.A.
- Free computerized water analysis
- Complete service coverage by our in house trained staff
- Warranty service by Royal Pools & Spas technicians