Pool Safety Equipment
Royal Pools and Spas is committed to the safe use and enjoyment of pools, spas, and hot tubs and adhere to a code of business ethics. We are here to maximize your enjoyment of your back yard investment.
Types of Pool Safety Equipment Available at Royal Pools & Spas Stores
Poolguard Door Alarm
POOLGUARD/PBM INDUSTRIES INC. has manufactured pool alarms, door alarms, and gate alarms since 1982. All Poolguard products are proudly Made in the USA. Poolguard Door Alarms comply with all building codes and are UL Listed under UL 2017. Statistics reveal the the majority of children who drown in pools go out the home's back door first. Poolguard's Door Alarm can help protect those access doors. An adult "pass-through" feature allows 15 seconds for adults to pass through the door without the alarm sounding.
- - The Door Alarm will sound immediately when a child opens the door, and will continue to sound if the door is left open. If a child goes through the door and closes it, the alarm will sound for 5 minutes and then automatically reset.
- - Poolguard Door Alarm Model DAPT-WT is equipped with an Outdoor Wireless Transmitter that allows adults to enter the home from the outside without the alarm sounding and is easy to install.
- - The Door Alarm is always on and will automatically reset under all conditions.
- - Poolguard Door Alarm is equipped with an adult pass through feature that will allow adults to go through the door without the alarm sounding.
- - Optional screen door kits can be purchased for the alarm, this kit allows you to get air through your screen door without the alarm sounding.
- - Poolguard Door Alarm uses one 9-volt battery, (not included) with a battery life of approximately 6 months.
- - The Door Alarm is equipped with a low battery indicator that will audibly alert you when your battery is getting low.
- - Poolguard is the only door alarm that is UL listed under UL 2017 for water hazard entrance alarm equipment.
Poolguard Gate Alarm
All pools should be fenced, but the weakest link in the fence is the gate and it should be alarmed. Any gate which allows young children easy access to a pool area should have a gate alarm.
The Poolguard GATE ALARM features are listed below:
- - Poolguard Gate Alarm can be used on any gate, outside door or screen giving access to your pool.
- - Alarm sounds in 7 seconds if a child opens the gate, even if they close the gate.
- - The alarm is always on and always automatically resets under all conditions.
- - Alarm will not allow someone to accidentally leave your gate open for children to wander through.
- - Poolguard Gate Alarm is equipped with an adult pass through feature that allows adults to go through the gate without the alarm sounding.
- - The Gate Alarm is equipped with a low battery indicator and will audibly alert you when your battery is getting low.
- - The Gate Alarm uses one 9-volt battery, (not included) and battery life is approximately one year.
- - Alarm comes with 6 feet of UL approved hook up wire and a sensor switch and sensor magnet designed for gates
Pool Eye Universal Alarm
Protect your family from swimming pool accidents and drowning with a Pool Eye Universal Alarm that is fully compatible with A.S.T.M. F2208 Standards and works in both in ground and aboveground pools.
The Pool Eye Universal offers ultimate pool side protection and features immersion, voice prompts, magnetic Key for activating or resetting, and an in-home remote unit that receives signals up to 100’ away, and can be used with multiple pool alarms.
The Pool Eye Universal Alarm can monitor pools measuring up to 20’ X 40’, is battery-operated so you will never have to worry about the hassle of wiring and electrical outlets, and installs easily with the deck mounting bracket (included).
- - Monitors pools up to 20' X 40'
- - Great for aboveground and in ground pools
- - Detects objects over 15 lbs.
- - Eliminates false alarms
- - Remote receives signal 100' away
- - Automatically resets in 3 minutes
- - Low battery indicator
- - Includes mounting hardware
- - 1 year manufacturer’s warranty
Swimline Foam Ring Pool Buoy
The foam Ring Safety Buoy by Swimline
adds safety to any pool area. Its soft surface will withstand years of sun and weather. The Swimline Foam Ring Pool Buoy comes complete with nylon tow rope and multi-color trim. Royal Pools & Spas carries a full line of USCG approved life saving devices, see our three stores for more details.
- - Adds safety to any pool area
- - Soft, durable surface
- - Comes complete with nylon tow rope
- - Colorful trim for added style
- - Measures 18” in diameter
Aluminum Safety Swimming Pool Hook
This sturdy anodized aluminum safety pool hook
fits a standard straight pole. This "shepherd's crook" is helpful in emergencies and can be used as a teaching device. Do not use this safety hook with telescoping poles. It should only be used with single-piece poles or poles joined by integrated male and female threaded connectors.
Safety Float Line
A safety float line can be used to block off the deep end of your pool. The Safety Float Line
includes a poly rope with non-sliding 3" x 5" floats, rust-resistant rope hooks, and adjustable liner.
Accessibility Equipment by SR Smith
For more than 80 years, S.R.Smith has had a singular focus: Create products that make the pool experience better for both swimmers and owners. The comprehensive line of accessibility products by SR Smith helps ensure everyone can enjoy the benefits of being in the water. Speak to a Royal Pools & Spas sales representative for more information.
Two examples of different designs:
- - The aXs lift (top image) is the perfect lift for simple pool designs, where its low profile and attractive appearance make swimming pool access easy. The aXs lift meets the Americans with Disabilities Act Access Guidelines (ADAAG 2010) and has a 300 pound lifting capacity. The aXs lift installs into your pool deck via locking anchor. 360° rotation ensures a safe transfer area.
- - The popular (PAL) Portable Aquatic Lift (bottom image) has become the industry standard for providing access to swimming pools! It is a portable, free-standing pool lift that comes with the PAL Secure-It Kit so that it can be fixed to the deck. The PAL Lift series meets the Americans with Disabilities Act Access Guidelines (ADAAG 2010). In addition to the standard configuration, the PAL lift is also available in Hi/Lo and Spa versions. 240° rotation ensures a safe transfer are.