This position requires weekdays, weekends and some holidays. Full time available.
Duties and Responsibilities for Sales position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in managing retail store operations to ensure all company policies are upheld and all customers are served in a timely and professional manner.
- Tests water and recommends proper chemical addition.
- Prepares requisitions to replenish stock and forwards to the purchasing department.
- Responsible for maintaining store appearance and the pool/spa display areas.
- Responsible for selling pools, spas, related equipment and supplies, such as pumps, filters, heaters, chemicals, etc. and completes all necessary paperwork involved.
- Greets customers on sales floor and determines customer’s needs.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of the products, pricing and all services available.
- Advises pool and spa owner on the selection of new equipment and the problems which may pertain to maintenance issues the customer maybe having or creating.
- Demonstrates features of chemicals and equipment to customers, and sells related equipment such automatic and manual cleaners, maintenance equipment and items.
- Prepares sales slips, sales contracts, & receives payment or obtains credit authorization.
- Prepares for and participates in home shows, fairs, trade shows, conventions and other industry functions or events as requested by management.
- Maintains record of sales leads and follows up in a timely manner with phone calls, emails, and letters to potential customers; maintains a file of the same for management review.
- Follows Royal Pools and Spas employee handbook.
- Completes all work duties required and those random duties that may be assigned.
- Responsible for expanding product knowledge and service techniques by reading and studying various industry pamphlets, books and viewing industry videos.
- Attends and completes periodic training seminars and industry courses as made available by management.