This position requires weekdays, weekends and some holidays. Full time seasonal position.
Duties and Responsibilities for Service Technician position include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for completing all service work assigned and provides focused customer service.
- Completes the assigned work schedule on a daily basis in the most efficient and effective way, that reinforces focused customer service.
- Communicates on a timely basis to the Customer Service Secretary if scheduled service call requires more time than allocated.
- Responsible for communicating with our customers in a professional manner at all times.
- Works with the Service Manager to ensure proper time and manpower is being allotted for service work upon posting of the weekly service schedule.
- Responsible for maintaining and organizing truck with necessary tools, parts, supplies and maintenance equipment to eliminate unnecessary down time and to complete the scheduled service/emergency calls.
- Maintains, cleans and organizes the service vehicle, parts department and service area to meet customer’s and management’s expectations.
- Returns all non-stock equipment, parts and supplies at the end of the service day to their proper location.
- Maintains up to date maps, service checklists and other necessary service supplies and paperwork to properly complete work orders.
- Responsible for collecting properly on all work orders and for turning in completed paperwork at the end of each service day.
- Submits special order request following the special order procedure if parts or product needs to be ordered.
- Maintains and follows all HazMat, DOT, MSDS, NSPI, and OSHA guidelines for the safe transportation and handling of pool and/or spa chemicals.*
- Keeps management informed of any customer service/repair work not completed to the customer’s expectation level.
- Attends and completes periodic training seminars and industry courses as made available by management.
- Expands product knowledge and remains current with service techniques and industry methods of repair and service.
- Performs general maintenance and clean up as delegated by management, including heavy labor, picking, shoveling, and operating power tools and equipment.
- Drives responsibly and follows local and state laws.
- Reports any status change in valid driver’s license.
- Follows the company handbook and all company policies and procedures and adheres to dress requirements as assigned by management.
Must have a valid Driver’s license.
Candidate should have mechanical ability – Plumbing or electrical knowledge a plus.
Must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.